Here’s a great DIY! Wanessa from Wanessa Carolina Creations designed these beautiful “bunnies and birds” Easter printables. Then she turned her banner into a beautiful hanging garland. Take a look at how she did it…
- Banner template you can download here
- Hot glue / gun
- Plastic eggs (approximately 24 units)
- Wire or any kind of stems
- Small screw driver (to make holes on the eggs) and lighter
- Spray adhesive
- Print out two copies of the Easter banner and cut it out
- If your eggs don’t have holes in them, heat a screw driver and make a hole in the bottom and another in the top of each egg
- Attach the twine to the wire (I didn’t have a wire, so I used a Chenille stem) using a little bit of hot glue. This will make the “sewing” easy.
- For the word “Happy” cut approximately 60″ of twine. Starting from the top, pass the twine through the first egg and make a knot very close to the top of the egg so the egg won’t slip
- Glue the twine to the middle of the H letter (make sure the letter it’s not upside down)
- Apply spray adhesive to the other H letter and stick them both together
- Add another egg to the garland, then glue the next letter
- Repeat these steps until you are done.
- To finish, use 2 eggs on the bottom to make the garland heavier. You can also alternate the letters using ribbons instead of eggs.
- For the word “Easter” use approximately 70″ of twine
- For the “Bunny/Bird” garlands, use 42″-48″ of twine