[iframe http://www.youtube.com/embed/XZVCE1Yh71Y 560 315]
Check out this hemp cord Christmas tree DIY. It’s a quick and easy way to add some pretty holiday decorations to your house. All you need is cording, liquid fabric stiffener, paper, and plastic wrap. Plus, your kids can help! Just add a tea light when you’re done and you’ve got a Christmas tree that lights up!
Hemp Cord Christmas Tree DIY
- Hemp cording (jute, twine, yarn are good alternatives)
- Liquid fabric stiffener
- Plastic wrap
- Cone shape (template here)
1. Wrap your cone shape in plastic wrap. Tape to secure the plastic wrap.
2. Dip cording (jute, twine or yarn) in fabric stiffener. Ring out excess stiffener.
3. Begin wrapping the cording around the plastic cone. It will stick into place.
4. Continue to wrap the cording in a random pattern around the cone. Leave spaces here and there so you can use a battery operated tea light candle to make your tree glow!
5. Add as much or as little cording as you like. Some trees may have more and that’s okay! They will all look a bit different.
6. Dry overnight.
7. Slowly pull the paper cone out of the dried cording.
8. I glued on some silver star confetti that to one of the trees for decoration. Pretty, isn’t it!?
9. Use a battery operated tea light candle to make your village of trees shine bright during the holiday nights.
For more holiday inspiration, check out these Christmas and holiday parties from our site, our collections of free Christmas party printables, and our holiday crafts and recipes!
These fantastic DIY was created by our style and craft contributor, Shauna at Ella and Annie Magazine! To see more of Shauna’s work, check out Ella and Annie Magazine and visit them onFacebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.
PIN IT FOR LATER: