If you own an Instant Pot, you must try this easy and delicious Instant Pot cinnamon roll recipe. We used a simple pizza dough recipe and adjusted the sugar to make these cinnanom rolls light and fluffy and sweet!
Here’s the homemade pizza dough we made, but feel free to use store-bought pizza dough.
Yum, add the butter and cinnamon sugar, then start rolling.
Cut them into pieces 1″ pieces.
Place the pieces into your Insta Pot, add a lining of tin foil at the bottom.
Pressure cook the rolls for 24 minutes.
After they’re cooked, spoon on the glaze. Go generous on the glaze, your family will thank you!
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 2 packets fast acting yeast
- ¼ sugar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 cups unbleached flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- In a medium bowl combine warm water and yeast, stir and let sit for 5 minutes until the yeast looks frothy.
- Add sugar, oil and flour to the yeast mixture.
- Fold in the ingredients until a dough begins to form. Cover your hands in flour and use them to knead the dough and form a ball.
- Cover the dough in the bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot in your kitchen. I like to turn my stove light on and place bowl under the light.
- Let the dough rise for 60 minutes or until it doubles in size.
- Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in bowl, mix to combine.
- Cut the dough in half, working with only half at a time.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle.
- Spread the melted butter over the dough and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. Repeat for second dough ball.
- Roll the dough up lengthwise and cut into 1” pieces.
- Spray a 8” round cake pan or push pan. Arrange the cinnamon roll rounds in the pan.
- Set aside and let rise for an additional 20-30 minutes.
- Cover the cinnamon rolls with a paper towel and then foil.
- Place steamer rack upside down in the instant pot and add 2 cups of water.
- Drop the pan into the Instant Pot.
- Pressure cook for 24 minutes. Make sure the release valve is closed.
- Combine all three ingredients.
- When the cinnamon rolls are done, smother the icing over the top while they are still warm. Enjoy!