Make this No-Sew Tulle Table Skirt to take your party to the next level.
The best part is you don’t need to have any sewing ability whatsoever!
It’s an absolute show-stopper and is just what you need, especially if you’re hosting a ballerina or princess party.
The truth is, a tulle table skirt can work with any girl birthday party theme or with any girl baby shower party theme.
A tulle table skirt creates a soft and dreamy feel to your dessert table.
It’s basically a tutu for your table.
For more craft ideas that are just as perfect for a princess or ballerina party, try our gumball necklace DIY, our feminine ribbon chandelier DIY or even our princess party chair.
Why You’ll Love This Tulle Table Skirt
- Elegant and Glamorous Look: The soft, delicate fabric creates a beautiful and romantic ambiance that can make any table look like a fairytale.
- Versatile Design: Tulle table skirts come in a wide range of colors, sizes, and designs, which makes them perfect for almost any event or occasion. Whether you are planning a wedding, birthday party, or baby shower, there is a tulle table skirt that will match your theme and style.
- Easy to Install: Tulle table skirts are easy to install and require minimal setup effort. You can simply wrap the skirt around the table and secure it with clips or pins. This means you can save time and energy while still creating a beautiful table setting.
- Customizable: Tulle table skirts are highly customizable and can be tailored to your specific needs and preferences. You can add embellishments, such as flowers or ribbons, to create a more unique and personalized look.
- Affordable: Tulle table skirts are an affordable alternative to traditional tablecloths or overlays. They are also reusable, which means you can use them for multiple events or occasions, making them a cost-effective option.
- Adds Texture: Tulle table skirts add texture to your table setting, creating visual interest and depth. They also provide a soft and romantic backdrop for other decorations and accessories.
- Lightweight and Portable: Tulle table skirts are lightweight and portable, which makes them easy to transport and store. You can easily fold them up and pack them away until your next event.
To make a tulle table skirt for a 36″x48″ table, you will need the following supplies:
- 2 rolls of tulle, each 6 inches wide x 100 yards. These will be used to create the skirt itself.
- 5/8 inch fold-over stretch elastic that is 2-3 inches longer than your table. This will be used to secure the skirt to the table.
- Fabri-Tac adhesive, which will be used to attach the chiffon flower trim to the skirt.
- Chiffon flower trim, enough to cover 3 sides of your table. This will be used to add an extra decorative touch to the skirt.
- Straight pins or safety pins, will be used to secure the tulle to the elastic as you work.
- A white tablecloth will be used as the base for the skirt.
- Scissors, will be used to cut the tulle and elastic to the appropriate lengths.
How to Make a Tulle Table Skirt
Step 1: Cover with a tablecloth
First, cover your table with a tablecloth and wrap the elastic along the top edge of the table.
The tie should be at the back.
Step 2: Pin the elastic
Pin the elastic to the tablecloth in various spots to keep it secure while you add your tulle.
Step 3: Cut the tulle
To create your skirt you will need to cut your rolls of tulle.
Each strip should be double the height of your table.
My table is 35 inches high so I cut each strip 70 inches long.
Step 4: Attach the tulle
To attach the tulle to the elastic, fold one strip in half and then place the loop over and behind the elastic.
Grab the tails of the tulle and pass them through the loop.
Step 5: Adjust
Tighten the tulle, it should look like a tie, with the knot in front.
The smaller your knot, the more tulle you will need.
Continue attaching the tulle.
If your table will be against the wall, you only need to cover 3 sides.
Step 6: Attach the trim
Attach the trim by applying small beads of adhesive along the top edges of the skirt.
Hold the trim in place until it dries, work in small sections until all sides are covered.
Step 7: Check
Step back and look at your skirt.
There may be some strips longer than others, which you can either trim or keep uneven, adding to the whimsical look.
What a simple way to add a dramatic effect to your next event.
Pro Tips To Make a Tulle Table Skirt
- Measure your table carefully: Make sure you measure your table accurately before you start. This will ensure that your tulle table skirt fits perfectly and looks great.
- Fluff and adjust the tulle: Once you’ve tied all the tulle strips to the elastic, take some time to fluff and adjust the tulle. This will help to create a full and even look.
No, you don’t need to sew the tulle to make a table skirt. Instead, you can tie the tulle strips to an elastic band that fits around the table. This creates a full and fluffy look that is perfect for special occasions.
Yes, you can wash your tulle table skirt. However, tulle is a delicate fabric, so it’s important to wash it gently. Hand washing in cold water with a mild detergent is recommended. Hang the skirt to dry or lay it flat to avoid stretching the tulle. Avoid using hot water, bleach, or harsh detergents, as these can damage the tulle
Yes, you can skip the Fabri-Tac adhesive if you prefer. However, it can help to keep the chiffon flower trim in place and create a more polished look for your table skirt. You can also use hot glue or another type of fabric glue if you prefer.
No, you don’t need to iron your tulle before using it for a table skirt. In fact, ironing can damage the delicate fabric. Instead, gently fluff and adjust the tulle after tying it to the elastic.
Need more princess and ballerina birthday party ideas?
- Most Popular Girl Birthday Party Themes in 2023
- The 13 Most Popular Girl 1st Birthday Themes in 202
- Most Popular Baby Shower Themes for Girls in 2023
- 7 Things You Must Have at Your Ballerina Birthday Party
This DIY was created by Denise from Simply Create Designs.
For more inspiration for girl’s birthday parties, check out our Boho Chic, Tea Party and Enchanto themes.
Don’t forget to grab your FREE girl birthday party printables for your next party!
- 2 rolls of tulle, each 6 inches wide x 100 yards.
- 5/8 inch fold-over stretch elastic
- Fabri-Tac adhesive
- Chiffon flower trim
- Straight pins or safety pins
- A white tablecloth
- First, cover your table with a tablecloth and wrap the elastic along the top edge of the table.
- The tie should be at the back.
- Pin the elastic to the tablecloth in various spots to keep it secure while you add your tulle.
- To create your skirt you will need to cut your rolls of tulle.
- Each strip should be double the height of your table.
- My table is 35 inches high so I cut each strip 70 inches long
- To attach the tulle to the elastic, fold one strip in half and then place the loop over and behind the elastic.
- Grab the tails of the tulle and pass them through the loop.
- Tighten the tulle, it should look like a tie, with the knot in front.
- The smaller your knot, the more tulle you will need
- Continue attaching the tulle.
- If your table will be against the wall, you only need to cover 3 sides.
- Attach the trim by applying small beads of adhesive along the top edges of the skirt.
- Hold the trim in place until it dries, work in small sections until all sides are covered.
- Step back and look at your skirt.
- There may be some strips longer than others, which you can either trim or keep uneven, adding to the whimsical look.
- What a simple way to add a dramatic effect to your next event.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links that won’t change your price but will share some commission. We are participants in the Amazon Associate Services LLC Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated.